Condo IV – October 2023
Our next Condo IV meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 11th at 7:00 pm. in the library. All condo IV residents are welcome to attend. Our annual election of the board members will be held.
Water: Excluding an emergency, if you have to turn off the water in your unit for a plumbing repair, you MUST advise the HOA with a work order 24 hours before the shut-off is to occur to allow residents in your building to be prepared. Only maintenance is authorized to shut off the water.
To all our neighbors off to warmer places, travel safely, and have a wonderful winter. Remember to pick up your door mats, and leave a telephone number where you may be contacted. If you are going to be away for an extended period of time, set home heat at 55-60 degrees to prevent frozen pipes. Leave a key with a neighbor!
SPRINKLERS: If your unit has the inside valve that controls the outside spigot, please make sure to turn it off to avoid frozen pipes. The correct procedures for closing of the pipes:
1. Disconnect the garden hose, if one is attached.
2. Turn on the outside spigot so the water is flowing.
3. Go inside your unit and turn the water off from the inside.
4. Do NOT turn the outside spigot off, leave it open. This will allow any residual water in the pipe to drain out
Remember: Please take caution and be extra careful to observe our children who may be waiting for school buses or crossing the street. Please drive a little slower and observe the speed limits and stop signs. It will be darker in the mornings so please drive with caution and watch for our children. Days are cooler, nights are longer and leaves are falling! Please drive with extra care as wet leaves on asphalt reduces traction under your tires.
CONDO IV – CONTINUED OCTOBER 2023
For safety purposes:
Always lock your vehicle and take your keys. Do not leave them in your car. Make sure your car windows are closed. Keep electronics and valuables out of sight or put them in the trunk.
Wear bright colors when walking in the evening or walking your dog. Use reflective devices and carry a flashlight. It’s very hard to see a person who is wearing dark clothes or riding a bike with no reflectors.
1. The exterior of our units belongs to the condominium and not the individual homeowner. You may not make any exterior changes to your unit without prior
permission and approval from the board. This includes, but not limted to, windows, doors, patios, fences, skylights, and landscaping. You will be responsible for any interior changes and remodeling inside the perimeter walls (as defined in the prospectus) as long as the structural integrity of the unit of the building is not affected.
2. Our landscapers will take care of any weed killers, lawn maintenance, fertilizing, seeding, trimming of all shrubs, and raking of all leaves, sticks and branches.
3. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times and not allowed on patios unsupervised. Please do not walk the dogs on the grass area as it will ruin the lawn and cause dark spots.
A very warm welcome to our new neighbors:
Sara Eisner & Justin Carpenzano @ 370 Clubhouse Ct
We hope you enjoy your stay at Bretton Woods and all the amenities that we have to offer.
Days to Remember:
Monday, October 9th – Columbus Day- This is a National holiday and is the anniversary of Christopher Columbus’s arrival in America on October 12, 1492. Many schools, banks, and offices are closed.
Wednesday, October 31st – Halloween- One of the most fun beloved October holidays for kids, adults, and even some of our pets who dress up in costumes, go trick or treating, or attend parties. As a REMINDER, PLEASE DRIVE WITH CAUTION as our children may be trick or treating.
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much”