Condo IV – February 2024
As I sit here, writing this newsletter at the beginning of January, we are having our first snowfall. It’s very pretty and only an inch or two. So far we have been very lucky and have not experienced a serious major snowstorm. Let’s hope for mild weather and an early spring. But…just in case, below is a reminder for the freezing temperatures and possible snow.
COLD WEATHER REMINDER:
• Be on the lookout for “Black Ice” and proceed with caution. Keep ice melt near your front door to use as needed.
• If snow is in the forecast, please pick up your doormat. This will prevent damage to the snow blower.
• Upper Lamonts: Please remove any snow that accumulates on your balconies. If you do not clean the snow, there could be damage and leaking to the home below.
• For those who park on Birchwood, you should move your cars into plazas when it snows, so the plows can get through.
• Make sure the hose bib on the inside of your condo is shut off to avoid frozen pipes.
• There is a snow shoveling list of names of people who will dig your car out if you can’t. These names are listed on the back pages of the condo newsletter.
• Remember the walkways are shoveled by the landscapers when we have 2 plus inches of snow.
Reminder: Keeping a pet is a privilege! Pets are not permitted to roam freely outside the owner’s unit. They must be kept on a leash. Please do not leave them on your patio tied on. Also, there is absolutely no dog walking permitted on the golf course. Remember Winter doesn’t mean you don’t have to pick up after your pooch. Please remember to “scoop” it!
Please remember: You may not make any exterior changes to your unit without prior permission from the Board of Managers in your section. This includes, but not limited to windows, doors, patios, fences, skylights, and landscaping. Work orders are answered promptly. You can submit work orders online at: http://brettownwoodshoa.org/work-orders/.
Pipes: We are all connected through the pipeline. Please avoid clogging it up for all. Cooking oils, fats, and grease do not belong down the drain, store it in a plastic bag, can, or jar and dispose of it in the dumpster with your trash. Cotton balls, diapers, q-tips, female personal products, and tissues should not get flushed down the toilet.
CONDO IV NEWSLETTER – CONTINUED February 2024
We welcome your ideas and suggestions. If you have any information you would like shared in our monthly newsletter please send an email to Nictyler@msn.com.
REMINDER: Gas barbecues are not allowed on upper Lamont balconies due to a fire hazard. Also if barbecuing on your patio (lower condos or ranches), please move the grill at least 3 feet from your fences.
DAYS TO REMEMBER & HOLIDAYS AND OBSERVANCES:
February 2nd – Ground Hog Day- If the sun is shining when the groundhog comes out of his burrow and he sees his shadow, he will go back in and we will have winter for 6 more weeks. If it’s cloudy and there is no shadow, we will have an early spring!
February 11th – Super Bowl Sunday- Did you know this is one of the top most-watched television events in the U.S.? Did you know guacamole is one of the top foods consumed on Super Bowl Sunday?
February 14th- Valentine’s Day – A celebration of romantic love! Did you know February is a month celebrated as National Chocolate Lover’s month?
February 19th – President’s Day- A National Federal holiday where all U.S. presidents are honored. All schools, banks, and federal offices are closed.
Happiness is not about getting all you want.
It’s about enjoying all you have and being thankful”
Smile………… It’s contagious! Say “hello” or
“good morning” to your neighbor!