CONDO IX NEWSLETTER – December 2019
Dear Condo IX Residents,
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year…” and the Condo IX Board wishes all our Condo IX residents safe and joyous holidays. May the spirit of the holidays warm your heart and home!
WINTER SAFETY REMINDERS:
Please turn your heat down to no lower than 55 degrees, to prevent freezing of pipes. Turn off valve and circuit breakers to the hot water heater and washing machine to prevent flooding. This advice can help prevent potential water damage to your unit and your neighbor’s!
Remember to leave your vehicle off-premises, or in the designated area in Parking Plaza 16B, facing Skyline Drive.
Be sure to leave an updated emergency contact number with the HOA Office. Please leave a note in the Clubhouse mailbox indicating with whom you have left your house & car keys.
Don’t forget to remove your front doormat for safe snow removal. Safe travels!
• HOA Maintenance plows the roads first, then the Parking Plazas.
• Our landscaper, Naturescape, will shovel the steps and walkways after 2” of snow has fallen and stopped. They will apply ice melt to the walkways and steps as needed.
• Upper Lamont residents are responsible for the removal of snow from the balcony of their unit in a timely fashion.
• Remember to remove your front doormat for safe snow removal
• Ice Melt & Sand are stored in the basement, ready and available for your use!
• After cleaning off your vehicle, please move it to Skyline Drive or to an already cleared area in your parking plaza. Please do not move your vehicle to Skyline Drive until HOA Maintenance has cleared the roads. (continued…)
• The common basement storage area is located by PP #14. You may obtain the basement key at the front desk of the Clubhouse, or from any Board member.
• The space in the basement is limited and each of our 94 residents is entitled to an area, so please be mindful of the number of belongings that you store.
• All items stored in the basement are done so at the resident’s risk.
• Please be reminded that 1) All personal effects must be stored in boxes, barrels, metal or plastic/totes containers. 2) All storage containers/items must be clearly marked with the owner’s name and address. 3) All tarps must be labeled with the owner’s name and address.
• The Board may remove items that are illegally stored and/or improperly identified without further notice.
• If you have items that you wish to dispose of, you may leave them by the caged storage area and the Board will arrange for their removal with HOA Maintenance.
• If your unit has the inside shut-off valve, please ensure that you have already turned it off. By this time, Community volunteers have installed the hose bibs on the outside faucets.
• The Board executed a contract with Certified Termites & Pest Management in October, effective November 1, 2019. Please note that Certified has asked that we remind well-meaning residents not to feed the animals or install bird feeders on the property since they attract rodents.
• A-1 Roofing will complete the semi-annual gutter cleaning this month, once the leaves have fallen. You will receive a blast call prior to the date of the project, requesting you to remove items on your patio away from the building. Thank you for your cooperation!
• Reminder: Contractors are not allowed to dump construction debris in our Dumpsters! Please remind your contractors that they must remove all debris from your projects from the premises.
Happy Birthday Wishes are sent to Mark Cosenza, Ernestine Panzella, and Mielad, Amir & Navid Kamalinejad! Enjoy your special day!
Sincere Get Well wishes go to Mary Ann Russo. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Our Sympathy goes out to the family & friends of Grace Eminian, who passed away on October 24, 2019.
Many Thanks go to Cathy Ruger, who supervised our Fall Smoke Detector Inspections.
Cheers and Accolades to our own Joanne Anderson, Christine Mohanty, and Bob Ripp, who participated in the Bretton Woods Players’ production of “Through the Years”. Great job!
The next Condo IX Board Meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 4th, at 6:00 PM in the Clubhouse Library. All Board meetings are open, and residents are welcome to attend! Any news to share? Please contact Pat OMahoney: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message in the Clubhouse mailbox.