Condo IX – February 2021
Groundhog Day 2nd; Chinese New Year begins 12th; Valentine’s Day 14th; President’s Day 18th; Ash Wednesday 17th
DEAR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS,
WE ARE KEEPING OUR FINGERS CROSSED, BUT AS OF THIS WRITING THE WEATHER HAS COOPERATED AND IT HAS BEEN MILD ENOUGH THAT WE HAVE HAD MORE RAIN AND WIND THAN SNOW. IT IS WINTER ON LONG ISLAND SO WE DON’T KNOW WHAT IS IN STORE FOR US, HOWEVER SO FAR SO GOOD WEATHERWISE!
COVID-19: We are still faced with the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. The good news is that the COVID-19 vaccine is here! Please visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home for the most up to date information that is available from the NYS Department of Health.
CDC has identified several ways we can all help to slow the spread of the virus:
• Wear a mask to protect yourself and others.
• Stay at least 6 feet from others who don’t live with you.
• Avoid crowds.
• Avoid poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water.
o Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
We ask that you please comply with these basic guidelines for your safety as well as that of your friends/family/neighbors. Additional information regarding the virus is available at the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. Thank you.
SAFETY/SECURITY: Unfortunately, we live in a violent society both locally and nationally. We appreciate your support of the actions taken by both the Board and HOA to ensure the safety of all of us living in the Bretton Woods community. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING – CALL 911!
COMMUNICATION: In order to maintain an appropriate audit trail of contacts/expenditures, we ask that you please do not approach/phone or email Board members personally but observe the following protocols for prompt attention to your concerns:
• Work orders can be submitted online at http://brettonwoodshoa.org/work-orders/ or by submitting a paper copy of the work order at the clubhouse
• Residents’ concerns/requests for information/questions should be submitted to the Board in writing at either the HOA exterior or interior HOA Office mail box.
• In the event of an emergency, please contact the HOA Office at 631 698-4861, HOA Maintenance at 631 698-2497 (normal business hours) or 631 698-3393 (nights and weekends).
SOME HOUSEKEEPING REMINDERS:
• SNOW REMOVAL: HOA Maintenance plows the roads first, then the parking plazas. Our landscaper will clear the walkways/steps after 2” of snow has fallen and stopped. Ice melt will be applied as necessary. After cleaning off your vehicle, please move it to Skyline Drive or to an already cleared area in your parking plaza so HOA can clear the rest of the plaza.
• PARKING: There are no assigned parking spaces in Condominium IX. Please be considerate of your neighbors and park within the confines of a single parking space. A vehicle with a handicapped sticker or plates can park in any designated parking spot; please ensure that the required documentation is clearly displayed. All vehicles on Condominium IX property must have valid license plates, registration and inspection stickers. Any vehicle not in compliance with our policy will be towed from the property at the owner’s expense.
• EXTERIOR ALTERATIONS: All requests for exterior changes including landscaping, installation of replacement window or doors, lighting etc. require advance approval of the Board. All changes must comply with the Condominium IX Architectural Control Matrix to be approved.
• TRASH DISPOSAL: Household refuse only is to be placed in the Dumpsters. HOA will pick up large household items disposed of by residents on Monday and Friday; these items should be placed next to not in front or touching the Dumpsters. Contractors cannot utilize the Dumpsters for disposal of construction debris from interior or exterior alterations.
• BASEMENT STORAGE AREA: The space in the basement is limited and each of our 94 residents are entitle to space. Please be considerate of your neighbors and consolidate, purge, organize your belongings. The storage requirements for possessions are delineated in the House Rules; just drop a note to the Board’s attention if you have any questions or need a copy of the Rules.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH – WE APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION!
BOARD VACANCY: As you may know, the Condominium IX Board of Managers currently has one vacancy and we could use your help! Serving on the Board is a volunteer position that requires a commitment of time, energy, ideas and a genuine interest in the ongoing management of our community. Any homeowner is eligible to serve on the Board. Please think about what you have to offer your community – become involved, join the Board, be part of the solution! If you have any questions about Board membership, please leave a note at the HOA office and we will contact you.
CONDOMINIUM IX COMMUNITY NEWS
• Get well wishes go out to Christine Mohanty, Walter LeMein and Joe Albarello. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope you all will be feeling better soon!
• Happy happy anniversary wishes are sent to Lee and Tecla Amato.
• Happy birthday to Joseph Fuller and Joseph Panzella, both of whom celebrate their special day this month.
• Contingent on the availability of the Clubhouse and the status of the pandemic, the next meeting of the Condominium IX Board of Managers is scheduled for Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 6:00 PM in the Clubhouse Library. Please submit any concerns/questions you may have in writing at the mailbox outside the Clubhouse or at the HOA office. The Board’s monthly meeting is not open to residents due to the pandemic.
DEAR FRIENDS, BY WORKING TOGETHER, WE WILL GET THROUGH THESE TROUBLED TIMES. BE WELL, STAY SAFE, REMAIN NY STRONG!