CONDO IX NEWSLETTER December 2017
THE CONDO IX BOARD OF MANAGERS WISHES HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OUR RESIDENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
Oh dear, ONCE AGAIN it is time for winter REMINDERS!
• HOA Maintenance plows the roads first, then the Parking Plazas.
• AMC will shovel the walkways and steps after 2” of snow has fallen and stopped.
• AMC will apply ice melt to the walkways and steps as needed.
• Ice melt is available in the basement storage area for your use.
o You may want to keep a small container of ice melt by your front door and/or in your car.
• Please remove doormats and newspapers, which can damage snow blowers and delay snow removal.
• If your unit will be vacant for an extended period of time, please do not turn your heat off!
o Set it back to no lower than 55 degrees to prevent the pipes from freezing.
• Upper Lamont residents are responsible for removal of snow from the balcony of their unit in a timely fashion.
BASEMENT STORAGE AREA:
• The common basement storage area is located by PP #14. You may obtain the key for the storage area at the front desk of the Clubhouse or from any Board member.
o The space in the basement is limited and each of our 94 residents is entitled to an area so please be mindful of the amount of belongings that you store.
o All items stored in the basement are done so at the resident’s risk.
• Please be reminded that 1) all personal effects must be stored in boxes, barrels, metal or plastic/totes containers. 2) All storage containers/items must be clearly marked with the owner’s name and address. 3) All tarps must be labeled with the owner’s name and address.
o The Board will remove items that are illegally stored and/or improperly identified without further notice.
Condo IX continued ……
• If you have items that you wish to dispose of, you may leave them by the caged storage area and the Board will arrange with HOA for their removal.
KEEP OUR COMMUNITY CLEAN!
• Take pride in your community – please do not toss cigarette butts, trash, fast food containers, garbage, bottles etc. on the ground in the common areas or the parking lots. Thanks.
• If your unit has the inside shut-off valve, please ensure that you have already turned it off. Community volunteers will install hose bibs on the outside faucets later this month.
• In the event of an emergency please contact the Police or Fire Department. Their telephone numbers are included in the Brettonews each month and are as follows:
Police Emergency 911 Selden Fire/Ambulance 732-1234
Police Dispatch 852-6400 Coram Fire/Ambulance 732-5018
6th Precinct Desk 854-8600
COMMUNITY NEWS TO SHARE!
• Happy birthday wishes to Mark Cosenza and Alexandra Drago (granddaughter of Pat O’Mahoney), who celebrate their special days this month – enjoy!
• Please join us in welcoming the Sougstad/McCarthy family – Richard, Brittany, and Julianna – (#967) to our community.
• On behalf of the entire community, we wish Sherri Dunne and family our very best wishes as they relocate to Florida – we will miss you!
• Many thanks to Eileen McGarvey who coordinated the December 10th Visit with Santa!
• The next meeting of the Condo IX Board of Managers will be Wednesday, December 6th at 6:00 PM in the Library. Please let us know if you have a concern that you would like to add to the agenda for discussion.
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. (Anne Bradstreet: c 1612-1672)