CONDO IX NEWSLETTER December 2018
TO ALL OUR CONDO IX FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS!
OH DEAR, ONCE AGAIN IT IS TIME FOR WINTER SNOW REMINDERS!
• HOA Maintenance plows the roads first, then the parking plazas.
• After cleaning off your vehicle, please move it to Skyline Drive or to an already cleared area in your parking plaza.
• PLEASE DO NOT MOVE YOUR VEHICLE TO SKYLINE DRIVE UNTIL HOA HAS CLEARED THE ROAD!
• Snow will be shoveled from the walkways and steps after 2” of snow has fallen and stopped. Ice melt will be applied to the walkways and steps as needed.
• Ice melt and sand are available in the basement storage area for your use. You may want to keep a small container of ice melt by your front door and/or in your car.
• Please remove doormats and newspapers, which can damage snow blowers and delay snow removal.
• If your unit will be vacant for an extended period of time, please do not turn your heat off! You should set it back to no lower than 55 degrees to prevent the pipes from freezing.
• Upper Lamont residents are responsible for removal of snow from the balcony of their unit in a timely fashion.
• The Board has entered into a contract with Naturescape Landscape Management for lawn care/irrigation/snow removal/ice control services.
• Bartlett Tree Service inspected the property for the annual tree pruning/ removal project, which the Board approved at the November meeting. The focus of the efforts is health and safety – removal of dead, diseased, and broken branches to improve health/appearance and reduce the risk of branch failure.
• If your unit has the inside shut-off valve, please ensure that you have already turned it off. Community volunteers will install hose bibs on the outside faucets later this month.
BASEMENT STORAGE AREA:
• The common basement storage area is located by PP #14. You may obtain the basement key at the front desk of the Clubhouse or from any Board member.
• The space in the basement is limited and each of our 94 households is entitled to an area so please be mindful of the number of belongings that you store.
• All items stored in the basement are done so at the resident’s risk.
• Please be reminded that 1) all personal effects must be stored in boxes, barrels, metal or plastic/totes containers. 2) All storage containers/items must be clearly marked with the owner’s name and address. 3) All tarps must be labeled with the owner’s name and address.
• The Board will remove items that are illegally stored and/or improperly identified without further notice.
• If you have items that you wish to dispose of, you may leave them by the caged storage area and the Board will arrange with HOA for their removal.
• We offer congratulations to Joanne Anderson, who received the THELMA AWARD for outstanding service to the Bretton Woods’ Players.
• Kudos to Christine Mohanty for her participation in the 20th annual revival of the Players’ “1999”!
• Happy birthday wishes to Alexandra Drago (granddaughter of Pat O’Mahoney) and Mark Cosenza, who celebrate their special days this month – enjoy!
• Please join us in welcoming Bob Ripp (#988) to our community.
• Many thanks to Eileen, John, Allyson McGarvey, and Sue Conklin who organized the December 9th visit with Santa at the Clubhouse from 2 PM to 4 PM!
• Congratulations to Joanne Anderson whose granddaughter, Katrina, became engaged to Joseph A. McNulty IV. A 2020 wedding is planned – both families are very happy!
• We offer our get well wishes to Joe Albarello; you are in our thoughts and prayers.
• The next meeting of the Condo IX Board of Managers will be Wednesday, December 6th at 6:00 PM in the Library. Please let us know if you have a concern that you would like to add to the agenda for discussion.
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. (Anne Bradstreet: c 1612-1672)