CONDO IV – February 2019
Reminder: There will be no open condo meetings in February and March. They will resume again in April. All work orders will be handled as usual as any emergencies. Please remember to put your name and phone number on the work order.
• Please be on the lookout for “black ice” and proceed with caution.
• Dress warm and in layers.
• If snow is in the forecast, keep a small container of sand or ice melt on hand for icy walkways.
• Please walk on paved walkways and not on the grassy area or lawn. This is for a person’s own safety.
• After a snowstorm, once the HOA plows the parking lot, please move your cars
so they can clear and plow all the spots.
• If you don’t have to go out when it’s snowing, stay in, watch a good movie, read
a book, enjoy the company of family, or friends and just stay warm.
• Dogs should not be left outside or left alone on patios.
• Check on a neighbor who may be unable to get out in the cold weather.
During the winter months, the clubhouse has many inviting activities and amenities.
We have the indoor pool, gym, bowling alley, a fully stocked library, pool tables, card rooms, various clubs you can join and the restaurant! Please take advantage of them.
Reminder: Please confirm that your current phone number(s) and emergency contacts are on file with the HOA/front desk. If you have not updated your information recently, kindly do so as soon as possible.
CONDO IV continued:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: YELLOW DOT
Yellow Dot is a free program designed to help first responders provide life-saving medical attention. During that first “golden hour” or when seconds count after an auto accident or other emergencies, a YELLOW DOT in the driver’s rear window of your auto will alert them that vital medical information is stored in the glove compartment. The Yellow Dot kit contains a medical information card and a yellow dot decal. To join the Yellow Dot Program, contact the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Dept. at 631-852-2663 or go to NYSHERIFFS.ORG/YELLOWDOT. Apply for the kit today, it could save your life!
Days to Remember & Holidays and Observances:
February 2nd – Ground Hog Day – If the sun is shining when the groundhog comes out of his burrow and he sees his shadow, he will go back in and we will have winter for 6 more weeks. If it’s cloudy and there is no shadow, we will have an early spring!
February 3th – Super bowl –To be held in Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
February 14th – Valentine’s Day- A celebration of romantic love. Happy Valentine’s Day to all!
February 18th – President’s Day – A National Federal Holiday- All schools, banks, and federal offices are closed.
Fun facts: Did you know apples are more effective at waking you up in the morning than coffee?
Did you know Americans eat 35,000 tons of pasta a year?