Condo IV – September 2020
At this time, our clubhouse is still closed due to the pandemic. Please continue to follow social distancing rules. Please wear a mask when required.
Maybe when social distancing is a thing of the past, we’ll hug a little harder, hold on a little longer, and remember that nothing matters more than the time we spend with the people we love.
As I write this, we have just survived our 1st tropical storm and many of our friends and relatives are without power. Many trees and wires are still down. Please continue to drive with caution and also drive a little slower and observe the speed limits and stop signs. It will start to get darker earlier in the mornings and evenings. Please watch for our children in the area.
We would like to welcome Debbie Martin as our new Condo IV treasurer. She has been living here for the past few years and comes with much experience and a wealth of knowledge in finance and taking care of budgets. I’m sure she will be a great asset to our community.
We can always use new people with new ideas who would like to volunteer and join the board. Please join us and share your expertise by contacting a board member.
Since we have had many new homeowners to our community recently in Condo IV, we want to express a few reminders:
• No gas grills are permitted on the upper Lamont balconies. Tiki lamps are not permitted.
• Nothing should be attached to the siding, fences, or railings.
• Dumpsters: Garbage should not be left outside the dumpster but put inside. Large items should be placed NEXT to the dumpster, not in front of it.
• Parking spots are not reserved or assigned to any specific person. Please park in between the lines, head in only.
• Please do not feed feral cats. This is against condo regulations.
• Contractors must remove all waste (carpeting, flooring, etc)
• Remember to complete a work order if you need something done. Please put your complete address and phone number.
• Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times and not allowed on the patios unsupervised. Please pick up after your dogs and bag it and trash it.
CONDO IV CONTINUED September 2020
After walking around, we have noticed that many condos do not have a number of their condo either on the door or fence. We cannot stress enough how important this is. In case of an emergency, it is extremely important that fire, EMS, and the police can see your unit number clearly from the outside of your unit.
DAYS TO REMEMBER
September 7th – Labor Day – Working men’s holiday -This day is usually celebrated with a day off and many people celebrate this weekend with the last picnic or barbecue of the summer.
September 11th – On this day we encourage you to spend some time reflecting upon this tragic event and praying for the victims who died and their families and friends. Let us never forget.
September 18th- First day of Rosh Hashanah – The beginning of the Jewish New Year. The first for the Jewish high holy days.
September 22nd- First Day of Fall -The days are shorter, temperatures start to drop, the air is crisp and it starts to get darker earlier.
September 27th – Yom Kippur begins Sunday at sunset and ends nightfall on September 28th. This is a day of atonement for the Jewish people and the holiest day of the year in Judaism.
We’d like to offer our deepest sympathy and condolences to Agnes Orlando on the loss of our good friend and neighbor, Neil Squitieri who recently passed away after a short illness. He will truly be missed by all.
We’d like to welcome our new neighbor, Andrew Teeple @ 87 Birchwood Dr. We hope you enjoy the many amenities offered here at Bretton Woods.
Remember every day is a new beginning. Take a deep breath, smile, and start again!
Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you!