Condo III -December 2019
For non-work order related issues, you can contact the board at Brettonwoodscondo3@gmail.com.
Please do not call your board members at home unless it is an emergency after office hours.
Online Work Orders… Just go to Brettonwoodshoa.org and click on the work orders tab.
Elections…. Condo III held our annual election meeting. Aside from our board members, we only had 3 homeowners present and 12 proxies submitted. The board is listed as follows:
President – Mary Ann Schaefer (3-year term)
Vice President – Steve Gramarossa (2-year term)
Treasurer- Bill Xavier (3-year term)
Secretary- Sharon Fink (3-year term)
Board member- Renee Wagner (2-yr term)
Board member- Tom Wagner (2-yr term)
There will be no Condo III meetings for the months of December through February. Work orders and other matters will be taken care of as usual.
Smoke detectors… A big THANK YOU to Steve Gramarossa and Tom Wagner for changing batteries and testing our smoke detectors in our units without electronic alarms. We are 100% complete and would like to thank all our homeowners for their cooperation!
Snow…. a few reminders:
• Upper Lamont Owners – you are responsible for maintenance of your balconies. You must remove snow accumulations from your decks promptly and carefully so there is no damage to the lower unit.
• Pick up your outdoor mats so they won’t get caught in the snow blowers.
• Leave your gate open if you want the path cleared to your door.
• After the Maintenance department has plowed the roads, please move your car out of the parking plazas so the men can plow the lots.
• Be careful walking and driving in the snow and ice.
• The landscapers will clear our walks only after the snow has stopped and only if there is 2 inches or more.
• Keep ice melt handy.
Basement… The basement will be open for your convenience on December 14th from 11:00 am – 11:30 am. All items stored in the basement must be in a plastic tote labeled with your name, address and phone #. All items stored in the basement are done so at your own risk.
Long Term Parking… If you will be away for longer than 7 days, we request that you leave your car in our long-term parking lot no matter the time of year. These spots are marked and located on the north side of PP 39 on Birchwood Road. There is NO charge to park here. This area is only for Condo III residents. We are also asking that you notify someone on the Board that you will be away for an extended period of time. This will enable us to address any issues that may arise regarding parked cars or any issues with your unit while you are away.
Snowbirds… before you leave for the winter:
• LEAVE A KEY with a neighbor and update emergency contact info with the HOA Office. Let Condo III know who has your key in case of an emergency.
• DO NOT TURN YOUR HEAT OFF. Turn the thermostat no lower than 55
degrees. If the pipes burst, you could be held responsible for the cost of the repairs.
• CLOSE ALL WATER VALVES to the sinks, toilets, dishwashers, washing machines and water heaters. For all units with inside shut off valves to the outside water, please make sure you close the inside valve and open the outside bibs.
• Bretton Woods Maintenance Dept. can drain the hot water heater at your expense.
• DISCONNECT all TV’s computers, stereos, microwave and clock radios by pulling out the plugs.
• DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR in your parking lots, leave it in the long-term parking area we have on Birchwood Rd in parking plaza #39. There is NO charge to park here. This area is only for Condo III residents.
House Rules… It has been brought to our attention that although Condo III has policies that have been in place for many years, these are not clearly stated in our House Rules. For example: our rules do not address flying flags, and although unwritten, it has always been permitted. Some of our rules are antiquated and some are repeated. A committee of 12 homeowners and residents has been formed and met last month to update the House Rules and make them clearer and less redundant. Once these updates have been presented to the board and approved, every homeowner will receive an updated copy in the mail. Please look for them early this month!