Condo III – January 2020
By the time most of you read this newsletter, fall cleanup will be completed and our gutters will have been cleaned. We will have dealt with both a water main break AND a gas leak, and we will have already had our first snowfall! Let’s hope the rest of the winter stays a little bit quieter and a whole lot drier!
For non-work order related issues, you can contact the board at Brettonwoodscondo3@gmail.com.
Please do not call your board members at home unless it is an emergency after office hours.
Online Work Orders… Go to Brettonwoodshoa.org and click on the work orders tab.
There will be no open Condo III meetings until March 2020. Work orders and other matters will be taken care of as usual.
Common charges…. Please keep in mind that common charges and assessments are due on the 1st of each month. A grace period is provided until the 10th. If the HOA office receives your payment on the 11th…. it is not 1 day late; it is 11 days late. You will be charged a late fee. Please don’t wait until the last minute to make your payments.
Dryer vents…. It’s that time of year again! Last year, your Condo III Board made it mandatory to have all our dryer vents cleaned annually. All units must have this service completed before June 30th. Maintenance charges $20 for the service or you can hire an outside company. After you have completed your cleaning, please provide us with your work order number (if done by BW Maintenance) or a copy of your paid receipt (if done by an outside contractor). You can email it to Brettonwoodscondo3@gmail.com or leave a copy at the HOA office addressed to Condo III.
Basement… The basement will be open for your convenience on:
Sunday, January 5th from 11:00 am – 11:30 am.
Saturday, January 11th from 11:00 am – 11:30 am.
All items stored in the basement must be in a plastic tote labeled with your name, address, and phone number. All items stored in the basement are done so at your own risk.
Long Term Parking… If you will be away for longer than 7 days, we request that you leave your car in our long-term parking lot no matter the time of year. These spots are marked and located on the north side of PP 39 on Birchwood Road. There is NO charge to park here. This area is only for Condo III residents. We are also asking that you notify someone on the Board that you will be away for an extended period of time. This will enable us to address any issues that may arise regarding parked cars or any issues with your unit while you are away.
Snow…. a few reminders:
• Upper Lamont Owners – you are responsible for the maintenance of your balconies. You must remove snow accumulations from your decks promptly and carefully so there is no damage to the lower unit.
• Pick up your outdoor mats so they won’t get caught in the snow blowers.
• Leave your gate open if you want the path cleared to your door.
• After the Maintenance department has plowed the roads, please move your car out of the parking plazas so the men can plow the lots.
• Be careful walking and driving in the snow and ice.
• The landscapers will clear our walks only after the snow has stopped and only if there is 2 inches or more.
• Keep sand or ice melt handy.
Snowbirds… before you leave for the winter: (if you haven’t already)
• LEAVE A KEY with a neighbor and update emergency contact info with the HOA Office. Let Condo III know who has your key in case of an emergency.
• DO NOT TURN YOUR HEAT OFF. Turn the thermostat no lower than 55
degrees. If the pipes burst, you could be held responsible for the cost of the repairs.
• CLOSE ALL WATER VALVES to the sinks, toilets, dishwashers, washing machines and water heaters. For all units with inside shut off valves to the outside water, please make sure you close the inside valve and open the outside bibs.
• Bretton Woods Maintenance Dept. can drain the hot water heater at your expense.
• DISCONNECT all TV’s computers, stereos, microwave, and clock radios by pulling out the plugs.
• DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR in your parking lots, leave it in the long-term parking area we have on Birchwood Rd in parking plaza #39. There is NO charge to park here. This area is only for Condo III residents.